How does the Christian mission of the Seahorses affect the way camp is run?
* Our staff takes care of your children in a God-honoring manner. We share stories and lessons from the Bible daily. Our coaches each share their personal testimonies of how God changed their lives. We seek excellence in all that we do as a way of honoring God.
What are the typical ages/skill levels at camp?
* Ages range from 5-14. Each camp varies with regard to how many older campers (12-14 years old) register.
How are the kids grouped? What if my child is more advanced for his/her age?
* The campers are grouped by age to begin. They will remain in that group for the first day. The coaches are good at challenging kids at their own level and players at any skill level need to practice fundamentals. If the coach feels they should be in a different group for an additional challenge that can be arranged the next day.
What is a typical daily schedule?
* Most camps run with the following schedule: 45 minutes of technical skills through "Kitchens" and "isoccer", 15 minutes of "Coaches time". 45 minutes of "Daily Soccer Topic" & games. 20 minutes of "Half-Time" (Bible stories and skits). 45 minutes of "Street Soccer". This will take about 3 hours. If it is a full day camp then we have 1 hour for lunch and "indoor/down time". Then it is 1 hour of swimming. After swimming (or if there is no swimming) it is back to the field for 2 hours for our "World Cup Tournament". Typically camps with swimming end at 4pm, without swimming end at 3pm.
Can my camper be placed in a group with a friend/sibling?
* Campers are placed in groups by age. If they are the same age, they will already be put into the same group. If they are different ages, please find the camp director on Monday morning during registration to make special requests. The groupings cannot be changed here from the office.
What does a typical camp day schedule look like?
* Camp starts out with morning skill sessions in their age groups. In these sessions they focus on skill work and possibly use games to reinforce the skill instruction. The camp breaks for water periodically throughout the morning. Coach’s testimonies are presented during those times as well. Lunch and bible time are in the middle of the camp day. During this time we try to have the kids in the shade and resting. The afternoon session consists of tournament games. The campers are mixed from their original morning groups and put onto teams that will compete throughout the week.
What happens if it’s very hot?
* We know some summer days are very hot and at time there are even heat advisories. We do our best to give the kids shade as often as possible and water breaks are constant on those hot days. We do not cancel camp for heat but we do try our best to make it as comfortable as we can.
What is the coach to camper ratio for supervision purposes?
* For the older campers we keep it at a 12:1 ratio. For the younger campers we keep it at a 8:1 ratio.
Who will Coach my Child? What am I paying for?
* We put on a quality camp with top level players as coaches who are trained in Sports Ministry. Additionally, we are a non-profit mission’s organization. Some camp funds go to help support the overall mission locally and internationally.
Why don’t you offer discounts?
* We do not offer various discounts because we have decided to use the grant money to help children that can’t afford camp at all through our scholarship program.
How do I pick up my child at the end of the day?
* Each camper is assigned to a Camp Coach. At the end of the day each Coach is required to have each camper signed out. Also, during registration the first morning of camp you may give the names of those people who have permission to pick up your child at the end of the day.
What do you wear to a day of camp?
* Campers should wear comfortable clothes that they will be able to play soccer in. Also it is recommended that campers have cleats and shin guards.
What happens if I need to cancel my camp registration?
* Once you are registered, your deposit is non-refundable. If you have paid in full we can refund the remaining money after the deposit is withheld.
What should I bring to Camp?
* You definitely need to bring water or a sport’s drink to have during our break times. Sunscreen is also highly recommended. Campers are allowed to refill their water bottles from our water coolers if they run out. Campers are also encouraged to bring snacks for themselves to help them get through the day.